2007-02-01

coarse grounds


too coarse, originally uploaded by ntt.

aka New Misadventures in Coffee Making
(for those uninterested in coffee, skip to the last paragraph!)

Purchased some Braziliano grounds from the supermarket a couple days ago to replace the terrible old grounds I had. This was an emergency purchase as is evidenced by the fact that they were bought from a supermarket. *grin*

Anyway, end result is that the coffee tastes better (more smoky taste, no sourness or overly bitter aftertaste) but still isn't as 'rich' as I was hoping and lacks any kind of crema whatsoever.

One day I will save up enough pennies for a grinder. Then I will be able to purchase beans! Crazy.

NON-COFFEE-RELATED NEWS

For other news, Ryan continues to be cute and continues to impress/amaze/surprise us. He is really getting interactive and is starting to think in more complex ways. For example, if he is holding a piece of fruit in his hand and I open my mouth he will put the fruit in my mouth! The most important thing here is that I haven't yet taught him that his dad doesn't really like fruit! hehehe.

No comments: