2007-02-26

wow!


Sunrise in Perth - 11, originally uploaded by ntt.

So this is what a sunrise looks like!

I went up to King's Park on Sunday with a friend at 6am and we snapped photos of the sun rising over Perth. I can't believe I actually managed to wake up that early.

Anyway, my shots turned out OK. Nothing spectacular, although God certainly did His part! The kit lens that came with the camera showed some of its flaws at landscape: lens distortion causing buildings to look like they were leaning in, slight blurriness even when properly focussed, etc. There was a guy with us who had some rather expensive lenses and I will bet that he experienced no such problems. However I felt it best not to try his lenses out for fear of liking them.

It really was a nice moment though to watch the sun rise. But once it was up I just wanted to get home and see my wife and son. I kinda prefer watching my son rise in the morning. Although I have trouble waking up for that one, too.

Thank you God for my family: my mom, dad, sisters, brother, family-in-law, nephews, wife and son... and all my extended family and friends. We are so blessed.

No comments: