2005-04-22

burke-gilman


Went cycling on the Burke-Gilman trail today. A mere two days after jogging with the Niketown club... my legs are dead! hehe

Brock came with us, and we rode from 11am to 3pm, stopping for lunch along Lake Washington and making a couple other stops to swap bikes and pet cats. Diana and I had borrowed our bikes from Daphne, a really nice lady who Diana met at BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) on Tuesday... and one of the bikes was quite small... probably for a 10 year old girl. So we took turns on that bike... and to be honest besides the fact that our knees hit the handlebars it wasn't any worse than any of the other bikes. Why do I say that? Because bike seats are EVIL. They know just how to hurt a human being. I think someone cruel is fueling the entire bicycle manufacturing industry... I would research it, but I'll say his name is Mr McEvil.

Oh, and on the way back a friendly neighbourhood cat came seeking attention. We got off our bikes, and I was crouched down to pet it when it decided to climb onto my lap and settle down! How cute.

Anyway, it was a fun afternoon/day, and we must thank God for the beautiful weather, awesome scenery, cute animals, and the great way that things worked out (bikes, opportunity etc). Now we're sore and back in the apartment waiting for a good tv show to accidentally find its way onto one of the 90000 TV channels.

Oh. I missed yesterday's blog. There's probably a good reason.

Factoid: Watching seaplanes take off is kinda fun... but not if they go really slow and take-off way off in the distance. :)

No comments: