2005-04-17

swearing

I'm not sure exactly when I changed from being a rebellious youth spouting cuss words to being a cuss-word-hating old person, but at some point I did. There's a whole bunch of reasons why I don't like hearing 's***', 'f***', etc... but essentially it comes down to the fact that what comes out of your mouth is a pretty good indicator of what's brewing in your brain. And I don't want that kinda stuff brewing in my brain.

What triggered this little rant? The guy behind us on the bus today who was on the phone most of the 45 minute ride, swearing his head off the whole way. But what completely blew my mind was when he ended the conversation with "I love you, mom. Take care". Ummmm.... OK.

If my kids speak to me like that I'm gonna revoke their playstation 4 rights for a month. That'll give me some time to play gran turismo 10, anyway.

No comments: