2005-04-16

cocoa!

I love learning new programming languages, and Objective-C and Cocoa have been very rewarding.
I gotta say how much fun I have had reading through documentation and really thinking through how best to do things.
For instances, discovering that I could get my application to automatically mark itself as changed (and requiring a save) by adding 7 lines of code... and instantly the app does the things you want it to (ask you to save if you quit after making changes, etc).
Who said programming wasn't fun?

I'm still on the road to implementing Undo, improving my application's behaviours, and adding export and printing functionality... but the small discoveries along the way are so much fun. :)

Footnote: yesterday the deck on top of my apartment building was finished! Yay! Went up and had a look around. Nice view. I'll take pics later... it's raining today.

No comments: