2005-04-20

jogger-ape

Went for a jog with the local Niketown jogging club. Was fun, but man am I not a jogger. hehe. My legs are tired now... and it was only 3 miles. hah!

Earlier, we headed first to Diana's bible study near Northgate, then to University District to pick up her contact lenses. It was such a beautiful day today, too! We could see the mountains in the distance, and the sky was blue!

Oh, and I was struggling with some code all day long. For geek-cred, I will disclose that I was trying to work out Key-Value-Observation issues with a Cocoa-ObjectiveC app I am writing. Basically, you have to keep track of which objects you are observing, and you must stop observing them for changes before they are deallocated. This took me quite a while, as doing it properly requires a pretty good understanding of when events/notifications are sent, and what data is visible at each point. But Oh, the sweet, sweet feeling of victory when the code works and I finally understood everything involved! Yay!

Factoid: If you made it past all the geek-talk, I'm proud of ya. :)

... and the title of this blog? it's an old term I made up when I was 6.

No comments: